× Home For students
+Register Participating companies Entrepreneurs Café Programme Speeddates Workshops Bio Science Park Excursion For companies
+How to participate? My company About us
+The Board Board History Contact
Exhibition | Speeddate | Workshop
Amsterdam, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Cluj
Flow Traders is a principal trading firm founded in 2004. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider, specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). Flow Traders is at the intersection of finance, cutting-edge technology and scientific research. We are able to grow our organization further, thereby ensuring that our trading desks in Europe, the Americas and Asia provide liquidity across all major exchanges, globally, 24 hours a day. Financial markets have rapidly shifted from trading in the pit to algorithmic trading, and our business model has made us an entrepreneurial and competitive firm in the FinTech space. We use our principal technology platform to quote bid and ask prices in thousands of ETP listings. We are also active in other asset classes such as bonds, FX, cryptocurrencies and similar financial products. On top of that, we provide liquidity to institutional counterparties off-exchange across all regions!
Flow Traders stays ahead of the competition by focusing on technology and niche competencies in markets where every second counts. This requires access to the best information and the ability to respond instantly. To achieve this, our team of software developers works in partnership with experienced traders to identify and execute tomorrow's strategies, making Flow a daily pioneer in professional trading.
• University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Technology or related;
• Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets;
• Keen interest in IT systems, and an affinity for development languages (C, C++, Python, JAVA, or similar);
• Innovative & creative high potential with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills;
• Competitive, communicative and able to deliver under pressure;
• A distinct ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them;
• Fluent in English;
• Maximum of three years’ work experience.
• Graduating end 2020 or in 2021 with a University Degree, preferably in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance or related
• Experience with a scientific programming language ( e.g. Python / MATLAB / R or similar) or Excel;
• Competitive, innovative & creative personality with excellent mental arithmetic skills;
• Capability to reason logically and deliver under pressure;
• Ability to spot opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them.
Graduate Software Developer:
• University degree in Computer Science or similar, received before the start date of the program, in 2019 or 2020;
• Strong interest in software development, by preference C++ or Java;
• An interest in the finance industry, preferably trading;
• Great communication skills;
• Ability to take ownership and work in teams;
• Proven experience in working on projects during your studies;
• Demonstrable competitive nature and winner's mentality, e.g. through winning Mathematics Olympiads, Chess tournaments;
• Participating in coding competitions/camps is an advantage;
• Any commercial or entrepreneurial experience in software development during studies or after finishing them is an advantage;
• EU citizenship.